KPEP therapist, April Nachtigal, was recently promoted to the position of program manager at Olmstead. With 13 years of clinical experience, her new responsibilities will include serving as clinical supervisor.
April started her career at KPEP in 2004 as a full-time resident coordinator. She has held several positions including resident coordinator supervisor and case manager before her current role as therapist.
April comes to the job with extensive experience completing assessments and facilitating both individual and group therapy sessions. She is a Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor and is working toward becoming a Certified Clinical Trauma Professional.
April is a member of the Association for the Treatment of Sexual Abusers and the International Association of Trauma Professionals. She earned her Bachelor of Arts and Master of Arts in psychology from Western Michigan University in 1996 and 1999 respectively. Prior to joining KPEP, April worked with adjudicated youth.
- President’s Update – July 2018 ( 07/31/2018 )
- Vocational Program Expands to Eaton County Jail ( 07/31/2018 )
- RAISE partnership to make an impact in Southwest Michigan ( 07/31/2018 )
- KPEP/Kalamazoo Land Bank/Kalamazoo County Treasurer Partnership ( 11/13/2017 )
- Rebirth of Bellevue ( 11/13/2017 )
- President’s Update – Expanding Transitional Housing and Vocational Training ( 11/13/2017 )
- President’s Report ( 07/31/2017 )
- Evidence Based Practices in Corrections ( 07/31/2017 )
- Olmstead’s Bounty ( 07/31/2017 )
- Governor signs correction reform package at Walnut & Park ( 05/12/2017 )