Walnut & Park customers often comment to the staff that they wish they could order different items, such as cook-to-order eggs, pancakes and a good ole’ fashioned patty melt. Those wishes will be granted in the fall of 2019 when KPEP opens the Walnut Diner.
KPEP closed on a building located at 1324 Portage Rd. in the Washington Square neighborhood. The building will be home to a diner that will not only offer cook-to-order items and an expanded menu, but will also allow for the vocational training program to expand its capacity. The current capacity of the Hospitality Vocational Training Program is 24. With the addition of the diner, we estimate that the program will grow to a capacity of 48 participants.
The diner will have an oversized kitchen which will accommodate one worker and one trainee per station, allowing participants to expand their training opportunities.
Demolition on the project has begun, and we look forward to sharing the plans and progress in upcoming newsletters
- The power of mindfulness in Muskegon ( 09/05/2019 )
- A busy – and successful – year for accreditations ( 09/05/2019 )
- President’s Report – September 2019 ( 09/05/2019 )
- KPEP Dual Diagnosis Program ( 05/21/2019 )
- President’s Report ( 05/21/2019 )
- Walnut Diner Announcement ( 05/21/2019 )
- Local restaurant gives back for the holidays ( 02/15/2019 )
- President’s Update – January 2019 ( 02/15/2019 )
- President’s Update – July 2018 ( 07/31/2018 )
- Vocational Program Expands to Eaton County Jail ( 07/31/2018 )